This article will walk you through creating a transport rule in Office 365 (O365) that bypasses filtering for mail from Email Threat Protection (ETP). If you have O365 services with Zix, you can request this setup by contacting our Phenomenal Support Team. This setup allows inbound mail from ETP but it does not limit inbound mail to ETP. If you need to limit inbound mail to ETP, view this article: Limiting Inbound Mail to Email Threat Protection in Office 365
To allow inbound mail from ETP:
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com then sign in with Global Admin credentials.
- Open https://outlook.office365.com/ecp in a new tab.
- Select mail flow > rules.
- Select the + symbol to create a new rule, then choose Bypass Spam Filtering from the drop down menu and enter the data below into the appropriate field. Select Save when finished.
- Name: Allow Inbound Mail from AES
- Apply this rule if: The sender¦ > Ip address is in any of these ranges or exactly matches
Specify IP address ranges: (You must click the plus sign after each entry)
- Do the following: Should already be set to "Set the spam confidence level (SCL) to..." > Bypass spam filtering (If the value isn't already set for some reason select Modify the message properties > set the spam confidence level (SCL) > select Bypass Spam Filtering > click OK)
- Choose a mode for this rule: Enforce
- Comments: This rule must remain in place to allow AES traffic to bypass Office 365 filtering.